On the front page of Excite tonight is the breathless story that--brace yourself--Paris Hilton has had a fender bender!
Yes, it's true--the World's Most Useless Human accidentally backed into somebody. This merited an item from the Associated Press.
Am I supposed to give a shit?
This kind of crap is EXACTLY what's wrong with the reporting of news. It's a minor example of the horrible, misplaced priorities of our celebrity-driven "infotainment" system, where irrelevant garbage is highlighted and dwelled on relentlessly and important events are underreported or completely ignored. For the record, I don't give a rat's ass about anything having to do with:
- Paris Hilton.
- Tom Cruise.
- Any other useless, airheaded "celebrity"
- The 200th consecutive day of coverage of an attractive young female tourist who has mysteriously disappeared.
- Game show competitions.
- "Reality" TV.
- Bread products that look like Mother Teresa.
- The latest diet fad.
- "News" from the fashion world.
- Wacky home videos.
- And about 90% of the bullshit that passes for news in this freaking country.
My GOD, what a screwed up culture we live in.