- The Republicans have killed off measures to raise the minimum wage, on which 7 million workers, mostly adults, depend.
- The Republicans continue to push for the repeal of the Estate Tax, a move which will benefit about one-half of one percent of taxpayers.
- The Republicans are blocking the renewal of the Voting Rights Act.
- The Republicans have raised the national debt limit by $3,000,000,000,000 in the last few years and are still working to make Bush's tax cuts for the upper class permanent.
- The Republicans are pushing to give the U.S. permanent bases in Iraq.
And that's just this week.