- The sewer of Republican corruption from Washington, D.C. to the local level.
- The utter and complete mismanagement of the Iraq War, not to mention the avalanche of lies about its origins.
- The monster deficit.
- The "good" economy that's being sustained completely by borrowing and debt accumulation.
- The Republican attempt to destroy Social Security.
- The iron control of the Republican Party by far-right religious fanatics who have attempted to interject themselves into the most intimate areas of personal life. From Schiavo to the attempt to restrict or outlaw birth control, a lot of Americans are fed up with the lunatic right's attempt to run everybody else's lives.
So there it is: the task and the opportunity of the Democratic Party. On the success of the Democrats rests the hopes for our nation's future. I'm committing myself to a sweeping Democratic victory, and I hope you'll join me. Our loved ones are counting on us.