- Homosexuality is primarily genetic, although other factors may influence its ultimate manifestation. Homosexuals do not "choose" to be gay and therefore castigating them for it is absurd and wrong. But even if homosexuals had simply chosen it and there were no genetic factors involved at all, there would still be no basis for denying them freedom from discrimination. You may consider certain private and personal sexual conduct to be wrong, but if everyone involved is an adult and everyone says yes, you have no say over it--period.
- It's time for medical marijuana to be legalized. As a matter of fact, it would probably be a good idea to legalize ALL marijuana, recreational or medical, and tax it. If whiskey--brutal, destructive, addicting--is legal, how can mairijuana not be? Of course, drinking and smoking anything are bad ideas, but what's right for me isn't necessarily right for other adults.
- Liberals and progressives need to get over their misgivings about guns. They need to obtain them, learn how to use them, and keep them in safe (kid-proof) but handy locations. The time is coming when it may be very necessary to have one or two guns, and I say that with regret.
- Try to pay down your debts as fast as possible. The time is coming when doing that will be very necessary, too.
- Start investing in the safest, most sensible things you can find.
- Batten down the hatches. There's rough water ahead.
Wednesday, April 26, 2006
Wednesday Night Propositions
The world according to Miller: