Friday, September 16, 2005

The U.S.: Heading Over the Financial Cliff

So now Bush proposes to rebuild the Gulf Coast by a massive infusion of spending while enacting even more tax cuts. I know it seems as if I'm obsessed with this issue, but the insane fiscal irresponsibility of Bush and the Republican Congress is going to haunt the U.S. for decades, blighting the lives of our children and grandchildren. The inimitable Bonddad again enlightens all of us on this critically important issue.

Look, my wife and I are going to be all right. We're in our fifties and we've been blessed. We've got some money safely put away. But I'm worried about my stepkids and my grandchild. You need to be worried, too, if you're younger than I am and/or you've got kids. This putting America's prosperity on the credit card is going to end very, very badly if we don't get a handle on things--soon.

No comments: