Tuesday, November 11, 2008

On Veterans Day 2008

I would like to lend my small voice to the chorus of those expressing gratitude to our veterans on this day.  There is nothing our country should not do for them, because they were willing to do everything for us. 

By the way, we are down to our last World War I veteran, and the World War II veterans are passing away at the rate of 1,000 a day. Once they are gone, our last living ties to these conflicts will be gone forever, and that's a sobering thing to consider.

God bless the veterans, and may the day finally come when the scourge of war passes away from us forever.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

I have been following the Frank Buckles stories, I think it's really interesting. Very sad; many European nations don't have WWI veterans anymore.

Joseph Miller said...

I think Britain's oldest one is 112 now!!

Valerie said...

Wow - these guys are tough hombres.