Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Did You Know That I Wrote a Book on Teaching?

It's right here. It's called On High School Teaching: A Guide for the New and Relatively Clueless, and it's the product of my 30+ years as a teacher and some rather extensive research. If you know someone you think would benefit from this work, I urge you to give it a look. If we're going to help improve secondary education in America, one of the places we need to start is teacher training. I'm proud of this effort, and I think it's worth the time of anyone who'd like to be a teacher or anyone just starting out in the profession. Give it a look and tell me what you think!

4 comments:

Zach said...

I read it and it was awesome. Lots of, what I think is, relevant information and it also has a lot of stuff i wouldn't have thought about before being a teacher. Granted I am no longer pursuing a career in Secondary Education, but it still had some helpful information and was an enjoyable read. I liked it a lot, Joe.

Joseph Miller said...

Thanks so much, Zach!

Heather said...

I also read it, and it was amazing! It covers every base, from interacting with students to dealing with the administration. If I ever do decide to get my teaching certificate, I will know exactly what to expect. It's very reassuring to be able to know so much about a possible future career.

Thanks, Mr. Miller, for your wisdom and insight. You've guided so many of your students with such heartfelt care, and now you can guide the teachers as well.

Joseph Miller said...

Heather, you are more than kind.