Tuesday, February 05, 2008

On the Democratic Side, A Super Tuesday Tie

Obama and Clinton each got around 48% of the total popular vote tonight in the various Democratic primaries and caucuses. Clinton won decisively in California; Obama won more states in total. And as I've said before, I WILL GLADLY SUPPORT EITHER ONE IN THE GENERAL ELECTION.

But the bigger winner was the Democratic Party itself. More than 12,000,000 people voted in the Democratic primaries, by one estimate, and only about 8,000,000 in the Republican contests. That works out 60-40 in favor of the good guys. I'd gladly take that ratio on 4 November.

Now, the task will be to tarnish the media-bestowed halo on St. John McCain. I respect John McCain--but I'm going to do everything I can to prevent him from being president. He has embraced every single one of the disastrous Bush policies, even repudiating his own sensible rejection of Bush's tax cuts for the super rich. If you want perpetual war and economic disaster, McCain will be your man.

No third term for Bush--No to McCain!

No comments: