Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The National Press: Kissing Rush Limbaugh's Ass

The whole vomit-inducing story can be found here.

It seems only the Canadian press covered Limbaugh's follow up statement to his so-called "apology" for his gutter level attack on Michael J. Fox. Here is what Fat Bastard actually said:
Days later, as the controversy raged, Limbaugh was even clearer, insisting, "I stand by what I said [about Fox]. I take back none of what I said. I wouldn't rephrase it any differently. It is what I believe. It is what I think. It is what I have found to be true."

That quote was key to understanding the radical, remorseless position Limbaugh had staked out for himself. And here, according to a search of the Nexis database, is a list of major Canadian papers that published the direct, "I stand by what I said" quote from Limbaugh:

The Edmonton Journal, The Gazette (Montreal), the Regina Leader-Post (Saskatchewan), the National Post, the Ottawa Citizen, the Saskatoon StarPhoenix (Saskatchewan), The Province (Vancouver, British Columbia), the Vancouver Sun (British Columbia), and the Windsor Star (Ontario)

Meanwhile, here's a list of major American newspapers that published the same revealing quote from Limbaugh:

(Crickets)
Limbaugh is NOT a legitimate political commentator. He's a vicious, lying, smearing radical right wing propagandist. He represents, along with the entire leadership of the Republican Party, everything that is evil, sick, corrupt, and debased about our political culture. He's PROUD that he attacked MJ Fox, and our conservative-kowtowing media doesn't have the guts to report it. Disgusting.
Read the whole thing, as they say in Blogistan.

No comments: