Thursday, November 16, 2006

I Won't Forget

I won't forget the phony Republican robocalls that were used to discredit Democratic candidates by harassing voters with messages that were supposedly from the Democrats.
I won't forget how the Republicans have apparently stolen a House race in Florida through rigged voting machines.
I won't forget the "cut and run" accusation wielded by a rightwing Republican chickenhawk against a legless Democratic Iraqi war veteran.
And like Gene Lyons, I won't forget President Pinhead's campaign rhetoric:
For most of six years, Bush governed as if there was never going to be another election. He acted as if the whole country had turned into East Texas or Alabama. So before we get all fuzzywarm and bipartisan, let’s recall his inept and disgraceful performance during the 2006 campaign.

“The Democrat approach in Iraq comes down to this,” he said. “The terrorists win and America loses.”

In essence, the president of the United States had accused his opponents of treason. Asked about it by a reporter after the traitors turned out to represent a clear majority of Americans, Bush played it off like a high school “Heather.” Just kidding ! Why, of course presumptive Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid are strong patriots like himself. “What’s changed today,” he said, “is the election is over and the Democrats won.”

What glassy-eyed throngs of Bush cultists who’d cheered the president’s divisive rhetoric were supposed to make of that wasn’t immediately clear. Had their champion been conning them all along ?
No, I won't forget the casual way these bastards called me and people like me traitors. I won't forget the rightwing hate radio and cable tv scum verbally spitting in my face for years. And I won't forget that 2008 is yet another opportunity to bury the rightwing lunatics even deeper and smash their wretched, America-destroying policies. No, I won't forget. I've got one long-ass memory.
And I'm a vindictive son of a bitch.

No comments: