Sunday, November 19, 2006

Confronting Hunger--I Mean, "Low Food Security"--in America

It's my personal belief that no one in this country, however poor, should ever go hungry. My late mother, who was one of the finest people I ever met, said it was a simple matter of right and wrong. America is so rich that there just isn't any excuse for it. And now, with 35 million Americans going chronically underfed, the Bush Administration is trying to deal with the situation in part by relabeling hunger with a bureaucratic euphemism. BradBlog has the story here.
Well, you don't have to wait in order to do something yourself. I urge you to consider a donation to one of the following:



Feed the Children.

Greater Chicago Food Depository.

Heifer International.

Most of us have been blessed. I know many of you already help, and I know I should do more. It's time to wipe this problem out once and for all--now!



No comments: