Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Ned Lamont Has Won; Lieberman Must Abandon Independent Bid

I welcome the primary victory of Ned Lamont over incumbent Joseph Lieberman. Lieberman has utterly offended me by his refusal to admit the Iraq War was a mistake and by his constant toadying toward Bush and his vile insistence that anyone who criticized Bush was undermining the country.(!)
But it wasn't just the war. It was Lieberman's yucking it up with right wing dirtbags like Sean Hannity. It was Lieberman supporting school vouchers and Social Security privatization. It was Lieberman constantly running down his own party and providing cover for the right wingers who are destroying America.
The voters have spoken. Lamont is the Democratic candidate for the Senate from Connecticut. I wholeheartedly support him, and I hope you do, too. Lieberman must be forced to drop out of his independent bid. The Clintons, Schumer, Biden--the whole Democratic establishment must now rally to Lamont.
Now, let's focus on whipping Santorum (oh HELL yes), Allen (stupid AND malicious), DeWine, Talent, Burns, Chaffee, Ensign, and every other Republican we can knock off this year.
Lieberman, your time is done.

3 comments:

Joseph Miller said...

If it had been real it wouldn't have surprised me.

Mehal said...

What I can't understand is why people say that Joe Lieberman is tough on security and foreign policy. I don't see how his uncritical support of the Iraq debacle gets him that title. If I go into a bar and beat up some random guy I don't like, that doesn't make me tough on security, does it?

Joseph Miller said...

Well said! 100% agreement. Lieberman is a phony, ass kissing fraud. I'm so damn glad he lost!