Saturday, July 29, 2006

"Rev." Moon Sends Creationist Lunatic to Kansas to Do His Bidding

Sun Myung Moon, godfather of the modern conservative movement, bankroller of the Bush family, and general all-around psychotic, has sent one of his disciples to fight Demon Evolution in Kansas:
The Discovery Institute, apparently, has decided to moon Kansas.The Discovery Institute, that overcaffienated intelligent design think tank located in Seattle, has announced plans to run two new radio commercials promoting their misnamed Stand Up for Science website and the online petition to “Stand up for Science, Stand up for Kansas.” The ads will air this weekend across Kansas just in time to drive right-wing religious voters to the polls for the primary election here.
According to Discovery, one ad features Discovery fellow Jonathan Wells -- they don't mention that Wells is a follower of the Rev. Sun Myung Moon, a man who has proclaimed himself God, and the Unification Church.

"Father's [Moon's] words, my studies, and my prayers convinced me that I should devote my life to destroying Darwinism, just as many of my fellow Unificationists had already devoted their lives to destroying Marxism," writes Wells. "When Father chose me to enter a PhD program in 1978, I welcomed the opportunity to prepare myself for battle."
Yes, folks, Moon and his people are not out to "stand up" for science, they're out to strangle and destroy it. They want to substitute mythology for reason and use the schools to promote their fairy tale view of reality. They need to be opposed at every step--and those fighting them need to be supported.

No comments: