Saturday, September 30, 2006

Right Wing Radical Theocrats Tearing Up Constitution

Don't believe me? Then read this and tell me what you think.

The radical right is trying to establish a theocracy in the United States, in blatant violation of the First Amendment. The objectives are terrifyingly simple: first, make it impossible for anyone to legally challenge them. Second, declare fundamentalist Protestant Christianity as America's "founding religion". Third, make non-Christians second class citizens. And ultimately, strip citizenship from any American who refuses to pledge allegiance to the official faith--the goal of so-called Christian Reconstructionism.
These phony, pseudo-Christians have America under attack. We need to shout about this and make our fellow citizens understand what's going on. This is one of my shouts.
And if I have to arm myself and join with others who think like me, maybe I'll have to do that someday as well. I hope not, but by God, no one is going to make me a second class citizen without a fight.
UPDATE: By the way, want to see this kind of radical right wing bigotry in action? Check here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=y_EKHK1C2IE

Joseph Miller said...

Yeah, I saw it. Pretty disquieting.