Friday, March 31, 2006
Monday, March 20, 2006
Saturday, March 18, 2006
Friday, March 17, 2006
Democrats, wrap the anvil of Bush's disapproval rating around the throats of every Republican running for office this year--and watch the rightwingers sink into the electoral ocean.
Tuesday, March 14, 2006
Sunday, March 12, 2006
Saturday, March 11, 2006
And so, the conservative walkback begins anew. Again. And we're seeing it take the usual forms. Denying the "conservative" label to all the conservative ideas that, once tried, failed, and attacking their critics as being the mean, cruel, partisan ones. Especially ironic, given the blistering attacks these jackasses have given any critic of administration policies, no matter how patently obvious the failures were. Criticism was treason, we were told. Absolute, America-hating, Constitution-punching treason. What unbelievable hacks. What sorry, simpering little fucks.
Being right was partisan griping -- but being universally, spectacularly and muleheadedly wrong, we're expected to believe, was the more noble and clever path? What utter pomposity. These blowhards should be tarred and feathered, not redeemed yet again for another science-bashing, expert-bashing, reality-bashing clusterfuck of so-called "conservative" strategery.
- The Fox News Network needs to be totally discredited and ruined. Right now it is the chief propaganda outlet for the Radical Right. (The ideal solution would be for a liberal billionaire to buy out Rupert Murdoch, and then clean out the whole filthy rat's nest--O'Reilly, Hannity, John Gibson, Cavuto all of them.)
- The whole apparatus of right wing conspiracy--and yes, folks, that's what it is--has to be exposed, along with its supporters--the Coors Family, Sun Myung Moon, Richard Mellon Scaife, and all of the lunatic right organizations they support. The so-called Council for National Policy is perhaps the most dangerous. Do some digging here and you'll be horrified at what you find. (Please, please, PLEASE click this link and read all of it.)
- Christians on the political center and left need to wage war against the so-called "Christian" Right, and reclaim the faith for the true Christian majority.
- The Democrats need, obviously, to recapture both houses of Congress THIS year. It can be done, if we're willing to work for it.
- The Fairness Doctrine needs to be reinstated. Doing this will require a Democratic Congress and a Democratic President. The Right Wing Noise Machine of lunatic right hate radio started to be built up after the Fairness Doctrine was repealed in the 80s. Reinstating it would be the equivalent of taking a sledgehammer to right wing radio. It would force stations that use the public airwaves to provide equal time for all political views. It would be the radio equivalent of kicking Limbaugh, Hannity, O'Reilly, and all the other right wing scum on the aiwaves squarely in the crotch. (What an enjoyable image!)
- Democrats and progressives need to ramp up their confrontations with conservatives who are trying to take over school boards so as to institute the Radical Right agenda. This perhaps is job #1.
All in all, those who truly love America have to work to tear out the whole conservative philosophy by the roots. The conservative assertion that their philosophy is built on "personal freedom" is such utter bullshit that I'm amazed anyone buys into any more. Conservatism is built on the very worst features of the human mind--fear, prejudice, hatred, greed, and the desire to force one's way of life on everyone else. The battle may last for decades, but we must win it. The fate of our country--and the world--is riding on it.
Wednesday, March 08, 2006
Monday, March 06, 2006
The genes that show this evolutionary change include some responsible for the senses of taste and smell, digestion, bone structure, skin color and brain function.
Many of these instances of selection may reflect the pressures that came to bear as people abandoned their hunting and gathering way of life for settlement and agriculture, a transition well under way in Europe and East Asia some 5,000 years ago.